|| ECTACO B-3
|| eBM OS 2.0
|| 5.17 x 3.39 x 0.67 in
||2 x AAA batteries
| PC connection
The remarkable ECTACO Audio PhraseBook English <-> Korean B-3 is an inexhaustible talking travel companion. It instantly translates thousands of travel-related phrases divided by activity and then speaks the translation aloud. Featuring natural pronunciation as narrated by native speakers it is easily understood by listeners. Perfect for both native English speakers learning Korean and Korean speakers learning English, it includes award-winning Vector Ultima spell-check, a customisable user's dictionary, English idioms and irregular verbs, and everything else necessary to help you attain proficiency and fluency. With its powerful, advanced search functions, it is able to locate the phrase you need in split seconds. With it, you will be communicating like a native speaker instantly!
This unique handheld was designed to replace an interpreter in most commonly encountered situations, such as registering at a hotel, shopping, visiting the bank and more. Meant to provide freedom and self-sufficiency to all users, it is extremely flexible and it easily switches between topics to suit you needs. To make it even more functional, the entertaining FlashCards language-learning game has been included to let users practice from a personal list of words and phrases to improve their vocabulary. It's the fun and effective way to increase confidence and ability. And if that weren't enough, this outstanding translator is exceedingly customisable. It even allows you to quickly and easily add additional languages as needed. The B-3 also includes many convenient organizer features that help you keep track of things. With its address book, diary, and digital voice memo, it acts as your own personal assistant. And we have even included an music player to provide entertainment. Simply load it directly from your desktop PC before leaving home!
The B-3 comes complete with a smart, self-amplified loudspeaker that can be worn around the neck. This unique feature allows you to get your message across simply and easily. To enhance your device, an exclusive bonus CD is also included that contains more than 20 software dictionaries and the ECTACO Audio PhraseBook Desktop Manager.
Features and Accessories
- 16-level greyscale high-resolution display with touch screen and enhanced polarizers;
- Hardware features: USB port - Multimedia Card (MMC) slot - Headphone jack - Speaker - Microphone - Backlight;
- Core applications: Music Player - Date Book with audio reminders- Address Book - Voice Memo - Memo Book - To Do Book - Calculator;
- Two input methods: keyboard and handwriting recognition;
- Natural pronunciation of all phrases narrated by native speakers;
- Accessories: LS-101 self-amplified loudspeaker (batteries, connection cable and neck strap included) - Stylus - Removable cover - USB Cable (USB and Serial Cradle sold separately);
- Password protection;
- User's manual in English
- You can connect this device to your PC if your system meets the following minimum requirements: IBM-compatible 486 PC or higher running Windows NT 4.0, Windows 98, Windows 2000 and Windows XP- 50 MB free disk space - 32 MB RAM (recommended) - available serial or standard USB port - Internet connectivity - Microsoft Internet Explorer 4.0 (or later) OR Netscape Navigator 4.02 (or later) - 256 colour VGA monitor - Mouse or other pointing device;
This model is normally operated in a silent mode and you will need to press the "Speaker" button or to choose the corresponding option from the menu in order to hear the translation spoken out loud.
Click here to learn about devices featuring multiple languages